Atlanta Bonded Warehouse Corporation (ABW) has provided public and contract food-grade, dry and temperature-controlled distribution services for over 60 years. In 2014, ABW handled over 4.6 billion pounds of product through 2.5 million sq. ft. of capacity in 9 food grade warehouse facilities across the southeast. This equates to 5.3 million pallets.
With our in-house carrier, Colonial Cartage Corporation, and our co-packaging expertise, ABW can build integrated solutions for your asset-based logistics needs in the Southeast, Southwest, Midwest, and Great Plains.
Multi-Client/Public and Contract Warehousing
Since its 1948 inception, ABW has offered multi-client/public warehousing services to its customers. Our customers from small to large enjoy the benefits of our superior customer service, strategic locations, and extraordinary attention to detail.
ABW has extensive experience operating contract (dedicated) facilities where either ABW or the customer owns or leases the facility, using either our Tier 1 WMS or the customer’s proprietary system to drive any array of services required for the business application. Our operations routinely score best-in-network across multiple Key Performance Metrics and we have received numerous awards for operational excellence.
Colonial Cartage Corporation, our in-house carrier, is a full service carrier providing food-grade, dry and refrigerated TL, LTL, and pool distribution services for over 50 years. Colonial provides regularly scheduled temperature-controlled LTL delivery to all points in the Southeast, Midwest, Southwest, and Great Plains, as well as truckload and plant support services throughout its service area. As an asset based provider, Colonial’s Services include consolidated order selection (bulk picking) and inbound consolidation to outbound cross-dock.
Co-packaging / Re-packing Services
ABW provides co-packaging and repacking services to many of our contract and public warehouse customers. We store and manage packaging and supplies for our customers and are able to recover a high percentage of goods damaged in transit or in need of packaging corrections.
With over two decades of secondary packaging, and now primary packaging, experience, ABW continues to grow and develop its capabilities, co-packing or building over 9 million cases in 2014. We have experience operating:
- High-capacity, high speed baggers
- Overwrap, shoe box, and box pack lines
- Flex lines for shelf ready displays as well as quarter, half, and full pallet displays.
What does ABW offer that others do not?
- Stability of ownership: same family for over 49 years
- A focus on our core competencies of warehousing, transportation, and co-packaging: not being everything to everybody
- A track record proving we are not interested in second place
- Long term investments in our facilities, technology, and people
- Quick decisions: change is not patient and you need answers
- Flexibility in pricing and structure: we are interested in a fair deal for a long time