The Northwest Seaport Alliance (NWSA) brings together two of the nation’s premier harbors to form a single, integrated gateway for marine cargo. Our combined terminal facilities, carriers and ports of call provide unlimited options and flexibility to suit your unique supply chain needs.
We are one of the largest container load centers in North America. Strategically located in the northwest corner of the U.S., we offer shorter transits from Asia, and are the first and last ports of call for many transpacific liner services. We are also a major gateway to Alaska and Hawaii; more than 80% of trade between Alaska and the lower 48 states moves through our harbors. In addition to containers, we are also a center for bulk, breakbulk and project/heavy-lift cargoes, and automobiles.
Make better connections
Shorter transit times from Asia make The Northwest Seaport Alliance the natural port of choice for time-sensitive container cargo headed to the Midwest, Ohio Valley and the East Coast.
Our on-dock rail, international and domestic rail service options from two Class 1 railroads along with near-terminal transload warehouse facilities offer plenty of options and the flexibility to move cargo how and when you want. Our close proximity to the 2nd largest concentration of warehousing on the U.S. West Coast also make us an ideal location for warehousing, distribution, and transload operations.
We pride ourselves on being proactive and performance-driven, and put unrelenting focus on delivering operational excellence and best-in-class service for our customers. And our commitment to working hand-in-hand with our supply chain partners to provide cost-effective, innovative shipping solutions is unparalleled. At the end of the day, it’s all about helping you, the shipper, get the job done.
Make our competitive advantages yours:
- Big ship ready. Most container terminals are 50 ft or deeper at berth and equipped with modern-cargo handling equipment
- Room to grow. Plenty of available land and terminal capacity to handle your business
- Hassle free connections. On- and near-dock rail plus major highways within minutes of the port keep your cargo on the move
- Cargo handling experts. Over 25 near-terminal transload, warehousing and cross dock facilities add flexibility to your supply chain
- Best-in-class customer service. Seaport Alliance staff are highly-skilled and passionate about our customers and their cargo