Implementing a Network to Optimize a Client's Supply Chain
Crane Solutions developed a customized solution for a leading audio/visual equipment rental company that lacked visibility to its time-sensitive shipments.
The client is a leading audio/visual equipment rental company with 7 main locations and 19 secondary market locations in the United States. The core challenge was the client had disparate processes in all locations with no visibility to their time-sensitive shipments within their network. These challenges included:
- Lack of visibility throughout their network.
- Relying too much on expedited ground services (higher costs and historically higher claims ratios).
- Many shipments moving between locations, which didn't maximize trailer utilization, resulting in extremely high price per pound ratios.
Crane Solutions optimized the client's supply chain by implementing a network that revolved around one primary location to service a group of hub locations around the United States. Crane Solutions identified 7 strategic locations to utilize as the hub locations, which subsequently service 19 secondary markets throughout the United States.
In order to protect the client from market fluctuations (capacity and price) throughout the year, Crane Solutions developed a dedicated fleet of drivers (solo and team service), which guarantees capacity and price for the client and the drivers. In order to streamline the 7 lanes even further, Crane Solutions added 21 trailers (with GPS tracking) to the program, thus allowing each location to pre-load trailers.
- 24/7 visibility of drivers, equipment, and trailers through our client portal.
- Reduced expedited ground service spend by 81%.
- Reduced their claims ratio by 94%.
- Increased their trailer utilization by 52%.
- Decreased overall transportation spend by 40%.
At Crane Solutions, we believe in developing customized solutions for our clients through "out of the box" thinking, collaboration with clients and carriers, and implementing technology solutions.
To learn more about Crane Solutions, visit www.cranesolutionsllc.com.