President and CEO
To move freight better than anyone.
A leader in Pacific shipping, Matson’s ocean transportation service is recognized for its industry leading on-time arrival performance and award-winning customer service. Its diversified fleet features containerships, combination container and roll-on / roll-off vessels and specially designed container barges. Matson’s ships and assets are U.S.-built, -owned and -operated, which provides significant advantages in the integrated trade lanes of the company’s operations.
Serving Hawaii continuously since 1882, Matson is uniquely experienced in carrying the wide range of commodities needed to support remote economies.
Providing a vital, reliable lifeline to the economies of Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Micronesia and select South Pacific islands, Matson is a key supply chain partner allowing customers to rely on the company’s dependable vessel schedules to continually replenish inventories.
Matson’s China-Long Beach Express has a strong reputation in the Transpacific trade for reliable, expedited service from Xiamen, Ningbo and Shanghai to Long Beach, consistently delivering the best transit times and offering next day cargo availability on the West Coast.
Matson’s Pacific services are further enhanced by the transportation and distribution network of the company’s subsidiary, Matson Logistics. A leading provider of freight transportation, warehousing, and supply chain services to the North America market, Matson Logistics helps companies source, store, and deliver their products faster, more reliably and cost efficiently. Its services and technology are customized to drive efficiencies in—and costs out—of supply chain networks for retailers, manufacturers, and distributors.
Matson Logistics’ sourcing, transportation, and distribution solutions include:
- Long haul and regional highway FTL and LTL service
- Domestic and international intermodal rail service with all Class I providers
- Specialized hauling, flatbed, and project logistics
- Contract and public warehousing at key East and West Coast ports including transload, cross-dock, and product preparation and handling down to the sub-SKU level
- Freight forwarding in Alaska; cross-border service to Canada and Mexico
- Value-added retail packaging services, light assembly, and product customization
- E-commerce fulfillment and DtC programs
- Asia-origin consolidation, PO management, customs brokerage, and NVOCC services for FCL and LCL shipments
- Online, on-demand portal to book, track, and manage your shipments—from source to store
Matson is firmly committed to operational excellence and providing its customers with the highest level of service across all modes of transportation.
Learn more at matson.com.