For customers who need their freight delivered when it really matters, with precision, and with the highest level of care, Think Forward.
Forward Air (FWRD) started as a vision in 1981 to provide a precise, cost-effective, expedited ground transportation alternative to air freight. Now, over 40 years later, Forward has evolved into the preferred supply chain partner for companies across North America.
Headquartered in Greeneville, TN, Forward offers expedited less-than-truckload (LTL), final mile, intermodal drayage, and truckload (TL) services to businesses. Forward trucks are delivering goods to customers and communities across the U.S. and Canada, reaching more than 94% of the combined population. Goods transported range from lifesaving medicines and medical equipment to furniture and accessories for homes and businesses.
Forward’s transportation network and commitment to precision execution enable the fastest transit times and maximum handling efficiency, while minimizing freight loss and damage over traditional ground transportation providers. With consistent and reliable transit and on-time, damage-free deliveries, we keep your business moving Forward.
- Expedited Linehaul LTL. Forward Air supplies expedited ground transportation to and from our terminals that are near major North American airports. This service is provided to domestic and international airlines, freight forwarders and related logistics businesses.
- Complete Cartage. This offering extends your reach farther into areas outside of our airport locations by adding pickup/delivery to our linehaul service as a packaged arrangement.
- Truckload Services. Forward Air Truckload provides full truckload service for larger point-to-point consignments and dedicated fleet services.
- Intermodal Services. Forward Intermodal is a market leader in import delivery and export pickup between ports/rails and customer distribution centers.
- Valued Services. We go beyond the basics. Our technology, customer care, customs, and more make the process easier for you.