Logistics Planner FAQs and Production Specs
What is the Logistics Planner?
The Logistics Planner is an integrated directory of supply chain service providers created by Inbound Logistics in response to the demands of logistics and supply chain professionals on the lookout for updated and detailed information on solutions providers.
The Logistics Planner is available through our print and digital magazine, App, enewsletter, inboundlogistics.com and social media channels. The Planner is also distributed throughout the year at trade shows and conferences, and in special mailings.
What Goes into a Logistics Planner Profile?
- Vision/Mission Statement: A formal summary expressing the organization’s values and commitment to its customers or, as an alternative, a quote from the CEO/President or any other short blurb. Approximately 50-100 words.
- Body Copy: Descriptive profile of the company’s services and solutions. Approximately 375 words.
- Contact Information: Address, phone, e-mail, and company website.
- Headshot: CEO/President or other appropriate executive’s photo, along with their name and title.
- Company Logo: Vector-based artwork compatible with Adobe Illustrator CC (.ai) or earlier preferred and highly recommended. All fonts in vector logo files must be converted to outlines. All Pantone or RGB colors must be converted to CMYK values. Logos supplied as bitmapped images should conform to the requirements for photos.
- Main Image: Graphic depicting your company’s best features, operations, etc. High-resolution (300 pixels per inch or greater) digital images in any Photoshop-compatible format (.psd, .tif, .jpg, .png) are required. All fonts in bitmapped images must be rasterized. A horizontally oriented image at 5.25″ width works best.
- Video (optional): Optional video for our online editions (fee applies) is available. A YouTube link is the ideal format. Video length should not exceed 4 minutes. Preferred specs are 1024 x 768 (4:3) or 1024 x 576 (16:9). At minimum, 720 x 540 (4:2) or 720 x 405 (16:9). Other acceptable formats include MOV, M4V, MP4 (H.264 encoding recommended), and WMV. Unsupported formats include FLA and SWF.NOTE: Video is not included for all profiles. If interested in learning more, please contact your sales representative.
- See additional production specs.
- See sample Planner Profile.
- Submit Planner Profile materials using this form.
- Upload your Ad files here.
What You Should Know About Image Sizes
Do not use images from a website. These images—typically between 72 and 96 pixels per inch—will be blurry in print. When in doubt, bigger is always better. We can reduce image sizes to fit in your profile, but we cannot enlarge them.
Our template is designed to create a consistent reader experience. Its default layout uses a horizontally oriented main image at 5.25″ wide. The height can vary to suit the image itself. Vertically oriented images are accepted, but may require layout changes that could greatly reduce or increase the amount of space available for text in the profile. These format adjustments cannot be honored online.
How to Send Your Materials
Planner Profile materials, which include contact information, mission statement, body copy, and images, can be submitted using this form. The form will automatically confirm that your files were successfully submitted.
All Ad materials should be compressed and uploaded to our Hightail dropbox. This method will provide automatic confirmation that your files were successfully uploaded.
Please contact [email protected], or call Creative Director Jeof Vita at 212-629-1569 if you have any production questions or concerns.
NOTE: Files should use names that are both Mac- and Windows-friendly (32 characters or fewer, plus file extensions) and the company name must be part of the filename so that we can identify its source. Generic file names like “logo.eps” and “profile.doc” can become confused with or over-written by other files.
Logistics Planner Frequently Asked Questions
How Does the Approval Process Work?
After receiving your insertion order, we will contact you for materials and provide deadline information.
Once the materials have been submitted, our editors and designers will create the company’s profile in accordance with our standard template layout, and e-mail you a PDF proof for review and approval. Corrections and changes can be made at this point.
Upon receipt of approval, the company profile will run in the Planner section of the magazine editions as approved, followed by conversion to the web format.
Who is Eligible to Participate in the Logistics Planner?
Logistics Planner profiles are free to any company that runs a full-page ad or content marketing piece in the January issue. For more information, contact your sales representative, our Publisher Keith Biondo or complete an online form to reserve your qualifying buy.
Who Sees the Logistics Planner?
250,000+ magazine readers, visitors to the Inbound Logistics website, our social media followers, and users of the Inbound Logistics Mobile App.
How Do I Reserve a Planner Profile?
Where and How Do I Send Planner Profile Materials?
All text and images must be electronic files (Word, plain text, JPEG, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
All Planner Profile materials, which include company contact information, mission statement, body copy, and images, should be submitted using this online form.
All Ad materials should be uploaded via our web-based upload service, preferably zip-compressed into a single file.
Have more questions about the Planner? Call 212-629-1560 or e-mail [email protected]. We’re happy to help.