State of the North American Supply Chain
Most shippers responding to a survey by Averitt Express expect more delays, increased shipping volumes, and higher transport rates in 2022. Findings from the report reveal:
- 76% of shippers anticipate increased shipping volumes in 2022, the highest percentage recorded in the survey’s seven-year history.
- 37% struggled with capacity challenges within their supply chain in 2021 compared to 25% that reported issues in 2020.
- 57% experienced delays with truckload shipments in 2021 compared to 42% in 2020.
- 71% foresee higher less-than-truckload rates in 2022, an 11% increase from 2021.
- 43% say they will use residential shipping services in 2022 compared to 34% five years ago.
- 33% say they were challenged with on-time inland container deliveries in 2021, nearly double the rate in 2020.