In It for the Long Haul
This first of its kind Heavy Haul Freight Carrier Survey of 258 heavy haul truckers, co-sponsored by FR8Star and Comdata, yields some interesting trends:
- Nine out of 10 truckers say they are tech savvy, suggesting the myth of the anti-tech trucker is just that—a myth.
- Of the almost one-quarter (22 percent) of truckers who have worked with freight marketplaces, more than three-quarters (77 percent) claim it was a better experience than when using a traditional broker, and three in five truckers (61 percent) say they made more money when compared to traditional brokers.
When asked what single factor would have the biggest impact on their business, top responses include:
- Receiving a higher rate per mile.
- Getting paid faster.
- Better information about trips and/or loads.
- Spending less time finding the next load.