Tags: Expedited Shipping, Security, Sustainability
Even amid economic uncertainty, shoppers expect global businesses to maintain fast and transparent delivery, improve environmental sustainability, and keep personal data secure, according to new research from project44. Key findings from the report highlight:
- 83% of consumers do not expect companies to give up fast delivery in an economic downturn.
- 89% do not expect companies to sacrifice visibility into deliveries or expected arrival times in an economic downturn.
- 23% of supply chain professionals say they had a contingency plan already in place to reduce the cost of supply chain operations due to an economic downturn.
- 78% of consumers say they would be more likely to buy from companies that prioritize sustainability in the delivery process.
- 60% say they would pay more to shop with a company that maintains sustainable shipping practices even during an economic downturn.
- 46% of supply chains do not have an environmental sustainability plan.
- 80% of supply chain professionals say the delivery economy has increased the amount of consumer data they manage and store.
- 82% of consumers say companies need to do more to protect their personal data security.