IN BRIEF: New Services & Solutions-November 2020
- Letting conveyors run quietly and smoothly when moving light goods, the new roller from daRoller requires just 12 g (0.026 pounds) of turning effort to start the conveyor roller. The light-running roller is built with ABEC precision bearings and a grease/oil combination for lubrication, allowing the conveyor to run easily, quietly, and smoothly.
- Mezzanine Safeti-Gates offers a hingeless, self-closing safety gate to provide fall protection in elevated pallet flow applications. Pallet flow lanes are often found in pick modules, elevated above OSHA’s 48-inch fall protection requirement. The Pallet Flow safety gate automatically opens as the pallet is pushed through into the system, and closes behind the pallet once it is through.
- RK Logistics Group expanded its warehousing capacity in Hayward, California, and plans additional warehouse capacity of up to 100,000 square feet in early 2021.
- Averitt Express opened a service center to boost its ability to handle freight flow in Greensboro and the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina. Located less than 18 miles from downtown Greensboro, the new facility features a 46,000-square-foot dock and 102 truck doors.
- Delta Cargo approved the DoKaSch Opticooler RAP container for use on Delta aircraft as part of its cold chain pharma program for the safe transportation of vaccines. Pharmaceutical and life science companies now have climate-controlled options, without the need for dry ice. The Opticooler has a large control panel and quadruple redundancy for all critical parts.
- cargo-partner is extending its air charter service from China and Hong Kong to Europe through the end of 2020. Introduced in March 2020, the service provides multiple weekly air charters from mainland China via gateways Shanghai, Beijing, Qingdao, Shenzhen, Xiamen, and Guangzhou, and distribution to destinations in Europe.
- ZIM now offers direct service to Jebel Ali port in the United Arab Emirates to shippers in Israel and the East Mediterranean. Two existing ZIM services now provide service to and from Jebel Ali port in the UAE: ZIM India – East Med Express and ZIM Israel India Service.
- Dachser Air & Sea Logistics expanded its premium air charter program between Europe and Asia to include a Hong Kong—Frankfurt route. The route is in addition to Dachser’s weekly transatlantic service connecting Europe and the United States.
- Green Mountain Technology launched an LTL spend management solution to help shippers ensure they are paying the correct amount on their LTL invoices and derive spend management insights for supply chain optimization and efficiency opportunities.
- Shippers now get enhanced live shipment tracking and visibility data directly linked to their transportation order in Alpega TMS with the partnership between Alpega and predictive supply chain visibility provider FourKites.
- Interactive live video shopping provider Bambuser launched Live Stream E-Commerce Experiences, a new integration with Salesforce Commerce Cloud, which lets retailers engage with customers through live, interactive online shopping.
- TMS system provider Kuebix’s community of more than 24,000 shippers can now leverage dynamic pricing and additional truckload coverage from Convoy’s carrier network. Kuebix users can book backup and spot capacity from Convoy within Kuebix’s load matching platform.
- Zebra Technologies and OMNIQ teamed up to offer an AI-based yard management solution that incorporates real-time location capabilities with automated identification and tracking features to optimize asset flow in distribution centers.
- Retailers gain a nimble approach to inventory allocation with Manhattan Associates’ Active Allocation. The solution provides demand insight and helps shape allocation decisions based on fulfillment experiences for each product at the store and DC level.
- KION North America introduced the ergonomic Linde Series 1202 hydrostat forklift truck with low fuel consumption for indoor and outdoor materials handling operations. With 4,500- to 7,000-pound load capacities, the Linde Series 1202 has a hydrostatic drive system that powers the wheels with hydraulic fluid instead of a mechanical powertrain.
- The fresh produce rail route CoolRail expanded its network in Europe with new routes to the United Kingdom, the Nordic countries, Germany, and Poland, in addition to the main route to Rotterdam. Operating under the name CoolRail Powered by Transfesa Logistics, the expanded service is a result of the collaboration between Transfesa and Euro Pool System.
- Cainiao Smart Logistics Network, the logistics arm of Alibaba Group Holding Limited, partnered with Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings to launch a charter program to service cross-border trade between China and South America. Atlas Air operates three weekly charter flights dedicated to Cainiao, linking China with Brazil and Chile, offering average shipping times of three days.
- Blume Global launched Blume Street Turns, a software solution designed to enhance drayage operations and container utilization. Through the use of machine learning algorithms to improve driver and truck utilization and increase turns, the solution helps reduce congestion and CO2 emissions around ports and rail ramps.