Young Professionals and Supply Chain: So Happy Together
The opportunity for interesting work, as well as development and advancement, top the list of requirements for young professionals, according to the 2018 CSCMP/Penske Young Professionals Survey of 300 supply chain professionals younger than 30.
The average young professional responding to the survey has worked in the supply chain sector for about three years and is employed by a third-party logistics, manufacturing, or transportation and warehousing company.
Additionally, the survey uncovered the following:
- 81 percent of respondents strongly agree that the supply chain is a good career choice.
- 86 percent of respondents say they are either very satisfied or somewhat satisfied with their current employer.
- 76 percent describe their work as satisfying, 67 percent say rewarding, and 60 percent say exciting.
- 71 percent agree that it’s easy to advance in the field.
- The majority say they prefer in-person training, delivered through mentoring or task-based activities.