NOTED: Supply Chain Highlights
• As part of Combilift’s celebrations for its 25th anniversary, the Irish materials handling specialist donated its 75,000th truck—an Aisle Master articulated forklift—to Convoy of Hope, a non-profit humanitarian and disaster relief organization.
• Maersk Air Cargo donated the airfreight capacity to send 440 pallets of U.S.-donated relief goods to Türkiye in response to two earthquakes that struck the region in February 2023.
• Ryder will introduce 4,000 BrightDrop Zevo 600 and Zevo 400 electric vans to its lease and rental fleet through 2025 to meet rising demand for commercial EVs.
• Primary Freight Services, an integrated logistics services provider, is celebrating 25 years of offering customized solutions to 100+ countries.
Up the Chain
• Hans Stig Moller was named chief executive officer of Odyssey Logistics & Technology. Moller brings 20-plus years of progressive global logistics industry leadership to Odyssey, having held leadership positions within some of the industry’s largest players, including Maersk and XPO.
• Supply chain visibility company FourKites appointed Rocky Subramanian as president. Subramanian was most recently executive vice president and chief revenue officer at Ceridian and previously served as senior vice president and managing director of one of SAP’s largest market units.
M & A
• Global third-party logistics company DSV reached agreements to acquire U.S.-based transport and logistics companies S&M Moving Systems West and Global Diversity Logistics.
• RoadOne IntermodaLogistics, a single-source intermodal, warehouse, and logistics services company, acquired Ace Transport Miami, an intermodal and transload service provider. Going forward, the company will become a division of RoadOne known as Ace IntermodaLogistics.
• Horizon Air Freight and Swift Marine entered a strategic business partnership and will unite as a single company, Horizon Group. The new joint company will offer marine logistics and port agency services in North America, South America, Asia, and Europe.
• DHL Supply Chain is extending its strategic partnership with Nestlé Nespresso S.A. DHL will now provide logistics and fulfillment services in Brisbane and Sydney, Australia, building on existing partnerships in Italy, Brazil, Malaysia, Taiwan, UK, and Ireland.
• General Motors recognized global logistics company Ascent as a 2022 Supplier of the Year. GM’s award recognizes global suppliers that distinguish themselves by exceeding GM’s requirements, in turn providing customers with innovative technologies and high quality in the automotive industry.