NOTED: Supply Chain Highlights
DHL Express, Kalitta Air, and Kalitta Motorsports united efforts in the “Race to End Hunger,” an initiative that provides hunger relief for families in need. After completing six racing events, the program raised the money to provide one million meals.
• J.B. Hunt Transport Services awarded scholarships to 100 new recipients of the J.B. Hunt Scholarship for Families program. Since launching the program in 2022, J.B. Hunt has provided $687,500 in educational financial assistance for the families of employees.
• Gorbel earned a spot on the Top 100 list of fastest-growing, privately owned companies in the Rochester and Finger Lakes, New York region. This marks the 20th time that the manufacturing company has been included on the list.
• Emerge received the Rising Star Award from Tyson Foods for introducing innovative RFP technology into Tyson Foods’ procurement strategy.
• LyondellBasell (pictured above) received the Supply Chain Excellence Award from SC Johnson in recognition of its supply chain support during weather disruptions and the pandemic.
UP THE CHAIN
• Walmart announced Rina Hurst as vice president of Walmart GoLocal, the retailer’s delivery service platform. Hurst joins Walmart from Shipt, where she served as chief business officer. Hurst will be responsible for the strategic direction, operations, and general management of Walmart GoLocal.
• Jon Johnson has joined Tompkins Solutions, a supply chain consulting company, as chief operating officer. He will be responsible for overseeing daily operations and leading strategy development for end-to-end supply chain services.
• Valley Companies announced that Jason Mansur has joined the company as its new vice president of enterprise partnerships. He will work with the president and leadership team to develop new commercial solutions and partnerships.
• Dr. Henry Puhl was named the new CEO of TGW Logistics, succeeding Harald Schröpf, who led TGW Logistics as CEO for the past six years.
• American Eagle Outfitters appointed Sarah Clarke as executive vice president-chief supply chain officer. She will be responsible for managing AEO’s global supply chain from sourcing through distribution.
• Crowley has partnered with Terraline to lead a pilot project for electric trucks. As part of the agreement, Terraline’s EV500 test truck—the trucking industry’s first clean-sheet, autonomous-ready, battery-electric Class 8 long-haul truck with 500-plus miles of range—will operate at Crowley’s Florida facilities.
• CN acquired a stake in the Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia Railway from Genesee & Wyoming that includes 145 miles of active track.
• Rock-it Global acquired Dell Will Customs Brokers, further expanding its in-house customs brokerage capabilities.
• Riverstone Logistics purchased Ralph’s Transfer Co., a final-mile logistics provider based in Tampa.
• To provide managed services that address a broader range of clients’ shipping needs, FreightWise acquired Kuebix, a TMS provider.
• UPS completed the acquisition of MNX Global Logistics, a global time-critical logistics provider.
• Lazer Logistics acquired the spotting operations of Hirschbach Motor Lines, an Iowa-based carrier specializing in refrigerated truckload services.
• Heidi Senger-Weiss, the co-shareholder of Gebrüder Weiss, died at the age of 82. She spent 36 years heading operations at the logistics group, and in 2015, became the first woman inducted into the Logistics Hall of Fame.
• Retail seed company Beck’s adopted the enterprise version of the FleetDrive 360 driver management solution. Beck’s uses the solution to manage driver profiles and compliance for company CDL drivers, for-hire operators, and other drivers who operate non-CDL equipment.
• Sustainable footwear startup Allbirds has selected intelligent business planning platform Anaplan to streamline its supply chain operations. Anaplan will support Allbirds’ demand planning and forecasting, inventory planning, and merchandise and materials management.
• Roland Corporation has selected Movement by project44 as its supply chain visibility solution. Roland, a manufacturer of electronic musical instruments, is deploying Movement to improve ocean transportation visibility and on-time delivery performance while streamlining logistics workloads to achieve greater efficiency.
• Home fragrance retailer Voluspa implemented Descartes’ warehouse management and shipping solution to accelerate order fulfillment and distribution to wholesale and online consumers across the United States, Canada and other countries worldwide.
• Party City has adopted TradeBeyond as its multi-enterprise supply chain platform. Party City will use TradeBeyond to improve operational efficiency across inventory management, end-to-end merchandising, and vendor compliance.
• Camping World, a retailer of recreational vehicles, partnered with Redwood Logistics. The 3PL designed an open technology system that seamlessly incorporated a TMS, e-commerce systems, freight audit and settlement tools, and various other capabilities.
• bp signed an agreement with RELEX Solutions to implement their forecasting and replenishment capabilities in its UK convenience retail business. The platform leverages AI to provide in-depth forecasting and analytics to anticipate and meet fluctuations in customer demand and will support supply chain planning across bp’s retail sites and Wild Bean Cafes in the UK.