IN BRIEF: New Services & Solutions
Tags: E-commerce, Technology, Warehousing
- RK Logistics Group, a provider of warehousing, e-commerce fulfillment, and supply chain management services, opened a new facility in Hayward, California. The facility provides warehousing, product staging, and distribution services for Silicon Valley manufacturers, suppliers, and retail e-commerce shippers.
- BioCare, a therapeutics distributor, launched LogiCare3PL, a third-party logistics (3PL) offering that provides specialty pharmaceutical manufacturers order-to-cash, inventory management, packaging, and shipping services.
- DSV introduced Green Logistics—a set of green offerings—with the aim of reducing emissions for customers. The Green Logistics solutions, including CO2 reporting, green supply chain design and optimization, sustainable fuel offerings, and carbon offsetting, are available for companies of all sizes globally and across transportation modes.
- DHL opened a new facility in Miami Gardens to bolster its capacity in South Florida. The new facility addresses increasing B2C and B2B e-commerce shipment volume by splitting it with the company’s facility in Doral (near Miami), speeding delivery and boosting service for customers in both Miami-Dade and Broward counties.
- Flexport, a global logistics platform, launched the Flexport Certified Partner Network, a vetted ecosystem of logistics service providers. Certified Partners are held to data, security, and compliance standards and equipped with the Flexport Platform to ensure end-to-end milestone visibility and performance monitoring.
- AIT Worldwide Logistics opened a new facility in Los Angeles to offer shippers a single point of access for a range of supply chain solutions including special services for food, high-tech, and life sciences shipping. Offering pharmaceutical pre-conditioning capabilities and a cage for high-value freight, the 106,000-square-foot warehouse is located near the 405 and 110 freeways for access to the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach.
- Lineage Logistics is breaking ground on a $62-million facility near the Port of Savannah to handle fresh produce and perishable imports. Operating as a cross-dock, the facility will also provide fumigation, packaging, and other value-added services for customers to move fresh product to markets across the Southeast. Construction is expected to be complete by the end of 2022.
- Stena Line is launching a route between Stockholm Norvik Port (pictured) and Hanko in Finland. In February 2022, the vessel Urd will come into service on the new route, while a second vessel, Stena Gothica, will be added to the route in May, providing daily departures from both ports. Both vessels offer cargo and passenger capacity.
- Gebrüder Weiss now offers a zero-emissions service to its customers in North America. Companies have the opportunity to fully compensate for the CO2 emissions generated during the transport of their cargo. Through its zero-emissions service, the provider can compute and document the CO2 output for every North American shipment carried worldwide.
- cargo-partner expanded its warehousing, last-mile, and value-added solutions to support the foodstuffs and perishables industry throughout Europe. Its iLogistics Center in Prague (pictured) is certified for organic products in accordance with the EU Eco-regulation and contains ambient and chilled storage space. The logistics provider also offers fulfillment solutions for piece shipments.
- The new Raymond 8910 enclosed end rider pallet truck with the iWAREHOUSE telematics system is suited for heavy-duty and high-throughput applications. The new lithium-ion-ready rider pallet truck from the Raymond Corporation features easy-to-use controls and an operator compartment. It also offers ergonomic steering and a deadman pedal that requires less effort to operate.
- ORBCOMM’s asset management solution tracks and monitors supply chain assets. The device features an embedded global SIM card that allows devices to switch networks between geographies with the certifications and type approvals to meet the needs of international operators.
- Toyota Material Handling introduced 22 new electric materials handling solutions, including 12 new reach truck models that offer companies tailored solutions for narrow aisles and different picking and putaway needs.
- The new Rollo Wireless Printer and Rollo Ship Manager are the latest upgrades to Rollo’s inkless shipping label printer and management software for small and mid-sized businesses. Rollo Printer produces shipping labels from 2 to 4.1 inches wide. Rollo Ship Manager connects directly to large carriers such as UPS and USPS for discounts on shipping rates.
- OOCL introduced a trans-Pacific service that links South China with the Port of Long Beach, California. The new Pacific China South Express (PCSX) service in the Trans-Pacific network calls on Shanghai, Fuqing, Xiamen, Yantian, and Long Beach.
- GEODIS expanded its direct-to-customer intercontinental delivery service to Canada to support e-commerce shipments. GEODIS MyParcel was first launched in 2020 to offer a small parcel delivery service from the United States to 27 European countries.
- ATRAN Airlines, an express carrier within Volga-Dnepr Group, launched a new route connecting Shenzhen, China, with Cologne/Bonn, Germany. The flight operates weekly aboard a Boeing 737-800BCF.
- ZIM Integrated Shipping Services now offers a service connecting the Indian subcontinent and the East Mediterranean. The new service, solely operated by ZIM, calls on Mundra, Nhava Sheva, Colombo, Haifa, Mersin, and Istanbul.
- DHL Supply Chain customers now have access to a larger network of spot freight carriers to meet capacity needs through the provider’s partnership with Emerge, which offers a freight procurement platform. DHL Supply Chain is integrating Emerge’s Spot Marketplace platform capabilities into its LLP Control Tower and transportation management system (TMS) ecosystem.
- Vizen Analytics released an enhanced version of its Empowered-AI demand forecasting platform. The latest version includes the ability to create accurate prediction models to increase visibility through the supply chain. It is offered in a custom SaaS program and can be implemented in fewer than 90 days.
- Ascent unveiled its new digital platform and product suite, PEAK 2.0, which gives shippers control over how they view their supply chain data. Among the new tools are customizable dashboards and data visualizations, shipment bookmarking, live tracking, integrated communication tools, document management, spending tracking, and ERP integration.
- Castellan Solutions, a provider of resilience management solutions, introduced a crisis management module that lets organizations act and respond in the critical moments following the onset of a business disruption. Its SaaS platform helps users analyze and prioritize risk, develop actionable response and recovery plans, stress-test plans via plausible scenarios, and mobilize response teams.
- Fast Radius, a cloud manufacturing and digital supply chain company, now offers manufacturers a custom microfactory solution. The offering allows companies to partner with Fast Radius to design and stand up advanced microfactories. Each factory is designed to meet a customer’s specific component manufacturing and technology needs, along with giving them access to proprietary software tools that provide visibility into supply chain operations.
- Shippabo, a cloud-based supply chain management platform, expanded its network of service providers to offer more transloading services to companies with inland movement. The expanded service aims to give importers ocean transportation lead time and inventory availability.
- To digitize air cargo processes, airfreight agent network ECS Group’s Cargo Digital Factory and logistics software provider Wiremind Cargo joined forces and launched CargoTech. CargoTech’s product portfolio includes existing Cargo Digital Factory products such as its track-and-trace solution and Wiremind Cargo’s shipment volume evaluation and flight planning system SKYPALLET.
- CN and Google Cloud started a seven-year strategic partnership to transform CN’s supply chain as part of digital scheduled railroading. CN customers can expect new solutions such as simplified ordering and automated tracking.
- DDC FPO, a provider of business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions, launched DDC Sync, an enterprise application consisting of a mobile app and a web portal to streamline freight operations data. The solution provides automated alerts, driver-terminal chat functionality, and real-time reporting.
- TruckerCloud, a real-time freight visibility software platform, launched Instant Carrier Onboarding. Shippers can now use the platform for the spot market because the new functionality makes onboarding instantaneous.
- The new RoboShuttle from Geek+ allows businesses to make full use of vertical warehouse space and store, retrieve, and organize boxes carrying small to mid-sized items. RoboShuttle can identify and place boxes of popular SKUs on the lowest shelf to speed up the picking process, handling up to 500 boxes/hour/station.
- Handheld Group’s newest version of its Nautiz X9 PDA device runs Android 11 and is Android Enterprise Recommended. Designed to handle tough conditions, the Nautiz X9 is built with a magnesium casing. With an upgraded platform, it is designed for mobile computing and data collection in warehouses and other industrial applications.