Lynden Supports Hawaii Relief Efforts and Other Supply Chain News
From major philanthropic efforts to fulfillment partnerships, these new and notable industry developments are shaping supply chains today.
• To support relief efforts in Maui, Lynden Logistics and Aloha Marine Lines raised more than $35,000 in total contributions. In addition, Lynden Air Cargo flew six priority missions to carry satellite and command center equipment, search and rescue supplies and mobile cell towers.
• Macfarlane Packaging supports the Blue Cross by providing transport and storage for pet food donations so they can be delivered to where they are needed most for the charity’s pet foodbank initiative. The company helped feed 1 million pets in need through its logistics support for the charity.
• Through an annual employee-driven philanthropy event, and a dollar-for-dollar company match, Redwood Logistics contributed $247,770 to the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago.
• Kamaka Air, a regional air freight delivery company serving Hawaii, facilitated 10 evacuation flights and multiple free cargo flight deliveries with more than 65,000 pounds of essential supplies and household goods for citizens affected by the Maui wildfires.
UP THE CHAIN
• Rick Loerke was hired by Valley Companies as director of customer solutions and Nathan Ragner as a logistics specialist.
• Crowley appointed James Fowler as senior vice president and general manager of its Crowley Shipping business unit.
• Mark McEntire has joined Princeton TMX as CEO. Most recently, he was senior vice president, customer success at digital freight marketplace Emerge.
• Direct-to-consumer apparel brand Nuuds chose Barrett Distribution Centers as its 3PL provider to support its growing ecommerce fulfillment needs. Barrett also will oversee all future retail and omnichannel expansion, as well as the launch of a new children’s clothing line.
• Georgia-Pacific’s Packaging & Cellulose business has rolled out Infor’s CloudSuite solution to improve business processes and the customer experience.
• The State of Hawaii signed a multi-year agreement to use mdf commerce’s advanced procurement technology suite to digitize and streamline its end-to-end procurement processes.
• Besli, a Dutch electronics wholesaler, has integrated three Kardex compact buffer modules and four Kardex shuttles with power pick system inventory management into its distribution center.
• Gatik and Tyson Foods announced a multi-year collaboration to deploy autonomous refrigerated box trucks to bolster Tyson routes in Northwest Arkansas. The trucks operate 18 hours a day delivering products to the company’s distribution and storage facilities in the Rogers and Springdale, Arkansas areas.
• Musical instrument manufacturer Yamaha Corporation deployed project44’s Ocean Visibility and Port Intel solutions to improve visibility of global shipments, enhance supply chain resilience and optimize its supply chain.
• Under a new fulfillment partnership, cart.com will leverage its logistics expertise and order and inventory management capabilities to support nationwide fulfillment for Pacsun. The clothing brand will also transition management of its Groveport, Ohio, fulfillment facility to cart.com.
• The recipients of FourKites’ annual customer awards include Reynolds Consumer Products, Bayer, Big Lots, USA Truck-DB Schenker, and Haworth.
• Purolator announced its 2022 Carrier of the Year Awards: Armour Transportation Systems received the Eastern Canada Safety Award and Ayr Motor Express received the Eastern Canada Service Award. I.S. Cargo received both the Western Canada Safety and Western Service Award.
• Keysight Technologies, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Lenovo International Services Supply Chain won the 2023 Association for Supply Chain Management Awards of Excellence, which recognize superior performance and dedication to advancing the field of supply chain management.
• PortPro, which provides drayage software for drayage carriers, was recognized as a top performer by G2, a global software marketplace.
• Global food provider General Mills named Schneider as its Carrier of the Year. Schneider was recognized for its commitment to collaboration and innovation, which helps advance General Mills’ business and customer engagement.
• For its efforts to enhance its corporate culture and empower its people through diversity and inclusion programs, Crowley has been honored with the Corporate Diversity Award by the Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association USA.
• Together with ATS in the UAE, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics has established a specialized joint venture called HellmannATS Road Solutions. The partnership expands Hellmann’s road logistics business in the Middle East.
• The CMA CGM Group finalized its acquisition of Global Container Terminals’ Bayonne and New York terminals.
• Estes Forwarding Worldwide will acquire Superior Brokerage Services, a Minneapolis-based single-sourced supply chain company specializing in domestic and international transportation, U.S. customs brokerage services, and warehousing.
• Supply Chain Solutions purchased G4 Logistics International to enhance its cross-border capabilities and provide innovative solutions in the Mexico logistics market.
• The Marcura Group will acquire ShipServ, a maritime procurement platform and marketplace.
• IFS, a global cloud enterprise software company, signed a definitive agreement to acquire Falkonry, a California-based industrial AI software company that provides automated, high-speed data analysis to the manufacturing and defense industries.
• J.B. Hunt Transport has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase the brokerage operations of BNSF Logistics, which provides full truckload, flatbed, temp-controlled, drayage, expedited, and LTL services.