Where Do Consumer Loyalties Lie?
With 72% of consumers saying they will continue buying online via pickup or delivery, retailers need adequate local shipping processes as well as speedy delivery, says a recent report from SOTI. Highlights from the survey reveal:
Shipping experience influences consumers’ purchase decisions:
- 56% of consumers find shipping time the most frustrating aspect of ordering goods online.
- 49% expect same-day pickup for any item they order online.
- 42% say if delivery or pickup takes more than two days, they look elsewhere.
- 41% are buying more online and having purchases delivered directly to them.
- 57% are less likely to order an item shipped from overseas than one year ago.
Loyalty hinges on transparency and flexibility:
- 69% of shoppers expect to know where their order is at all times.
- 64% say they continue shopping with brands that deliver goods the fastest.
- 50% are more likely to shop from a retailer’s store if multiple return points are offered.
- 35% say knowing who a retailer’s delivery partner is resulted in abandoning their order.
Acceptance of new delivery options:
- 83% of consumers say they are open to in-home delivery due to shopping frustrations they experienced in 2020 and 2021.
- 73% say they’re open to delivery at a designated dropoff point.
- 59% would consider delivery via autonomous vehicles or drones.