Noted: The Supply Chain in Brief
New and noteworthy in the supply chain
Up the Chain
- Covetrus, a Dublin, Ohio-based global provider of animal health technology and services, appointed Matthew Leonard as executive vice president, president North America, and global supply chain officer. After more than two decades of service at Covetrus, Leonard now leads North American customer operations and manages the company's global manufacturer relationships.
- To bring products closer to its customers, Shell Lubricants is opening a new distribution center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. North American 3PL provider Kenco Logistics will manage the 455,000-square-foot facility.
- NFI Industries, a supply chain solutions provider, bought SCR Air Services, an intermodal-focused brokerage company.
- Alliant Energy Transportation, a subsidiary of Alliant Energy Corp. that provides freight services, purchased Business Transportation Solutions and Hybrid Transit Systems. Both companies are transportation brokers.
- The Rhenus Group, a logistics service provider, acquired Canadian-based customized logistics solutions specialist Rodair.
- Symbia Logistics, a warehousing, logistics, and e-commerce fulfillment company, purchased iD Commerce + Logistics, a third-party logistics and e-commerce fulfillment provider.
- Canadian National Railway Company acquired Manitoba-based TransX, one of the oldest trucking companies in Canada.
- CMA CGM, the GoodShipping Program, the Port of Rotterdam, and IKEA Transport & Logistics Services have joined forces to test and scale the use of sustainable marine bio-fuel oil. First used in a CMA CGM container vessel in March 2019, the bio-fuel oil is derived completely from forest residues and waste oil products.
- Schneider's bulk division celebrates 50 years of specialty chemical and liquid freight transportation services. The trucking, intermodal, and logistics services provider entered the bulk shipping sector in 1969 with the acquisition of Kampo Transit.
- American Dairy Queen Corporation has implemented supply chain visibility software provider ArrowStream's Quality Incident Management solution. This solution will help Dairy Queen increase the transparency of, and quickly resolve, quality issues with its suppliers and distributors.
- Yunnan Baiyao Group, a Chinese pharmaceutical and health care company, selected Manhattan Associates' warehouse management system (WMS) to optimize its digital supply chain and the next phase of its growth strategy. Manhattan's WMS will help the manufacturer manage distribution while ensuring compliance with production and traceability regulations.
- Organic frozen food brand Ruby Rockets and reverse logistics service company Segue are among the first to use Omnichain's SaaS-based blockchain supply chain management platform. Ruby Rockets is using the solution for a more transparent view of its dairy-free popsicle inventory across all channels, while Segue uses it to improve vendor visibility and insight into products in the reverse logistics pipeline.
- Dollar General presented Werner Enterprises, a transportation and logistics provider, with three awards: Dedicated Carrier Partner of the Year, Site of the Year, and Serving Others. Werner earned the awards through excellent communication, flexibility, and commitment.